Happy One Year Anniversary! This week we celebrate one year of The Valley’s website and blog, and we invite you to join us!
Here’s how we’re celebrating:
We’re so excited to send our new, free ebook, “10 Truths for Christian Women in Chronic Illness,” to anyone who subscribes to the blog!
These thoughts have been on our hearts for a long time, and we’re thrilled to finally offer you another resource of encouragement in your valley of chronic illness.
If you haven’t yet subscribed, you can enter your email address right here, hit “subscribe,” and receive the ebook–and all our future blog posts–in your inbox. We won’t send you spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
We’re also giving away a free copy of P. B. Power’s A Book of Comfort for Those in Illness. Written from Power’s own sickbed, this short but powerful book offers truth and encouragement from God’s Word for anyone experiencing a season of illness.
How can you enter the giveaway?
- Subscribe to the blog — first entry
(If you’re already a subscriber, you’re automatically entered.)
- Leave a comment on this post — 1 additional entry
- Follow our Instagram account — 1 additional entry
- Like our Facebook page — 1 additional entry
(We welcome shares, comments, and tags on social media as well–we’d love for your friends to join the giveaway too–but for simplicity’s sake only account follows will count toward the giveaway.)
The giveaway will close on Tuesday, September 7, at 11:55 PM. The ebook will continue to be offered to blog subscribers after the giveaway closes.
This month will start a new series of blog posts that we can’t wait to share with you! Stay tuned!
Year in Review
If you’re a recent subscriber or would like a refresher, here’s a brief recap of our first year of the blog:
Embrace — a three-part series on embracing where you are in your chronic illness.
Lessons from Job — eight posts sharing truths from the life and book of Job.
In Sickness and in Health — a series of interviews of married women with chronic illness, introduced with a post on the meaning of love and concluded with a post for single women.
Women in the Valley — an ongoing series of interviews with Christian women who have (or had) chronic illness.
We’ve also had the privilege of hosting several guest writers:
- Rebekah: The Branch and the Husbandman, an allegory
- Kristi: picking up the pieces of broken dreams and finding hope in Christmas with chronic illness
- A Pilgrim on the Journey: How to Deal with Anxiety in Chronic Illness (two parts)
- Bethany: You Are Seen and Known (Even If You Feel Forgotten)
Feel free to browse through our blog archives for your own recap.
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment to let us know
- your favorite post or series from this past year
- what topics or themes you’d like us to discuss this coming year
- how else the website and blog can be of help to you
- who you are–we’d love to get to know our readers!
- or anything else you’d like to share!
Thank you so much for being part of The Valley! We’ve been so blessed by everything God has done in The Valley so far, and we look forward to serving you in more ways this next year!
~Melissa and Emily